Monday, May 14, 2007

No turning back now


Ok, so here's the scoop. I'm 30 pounds over my ideal weight and can't fit into any of my clothes. I'm tired of my house always looking like a tornado just ran through it, and I'm frustrated to no end of not being financially dependant.

Time to stop letting life just go on each day, and take control so I can have a life.

I have started several little projects along the way now that are helping with getting onto the right track and am very excited.

My first step in this process has been turning that television off.

I grew up with television. It was on from the time I woke up in the morning until... well... until I would wake up on the couch turn it off and head up to bed. Why was it like that? I don't know, but it was and it has stayed with me. Well, part of it, I do turn it on in the morning with the news, then check with Regis and Kelly, spend some time with Rachel, always drama with Gregg and then Barbara and the girls is always a must see so I don't have to worry about missing anything "news" worthy. That's just the morning! Is my life really worth it to spend 6 hours... yes, 6 hours with the "must have" shows?

Let's examine this a bit.

6 hours a day
30 hours a week
127.5 hours a month
1530 hours a year

And that is just in the mornings!

It's almost a full time job... just with the mornings!

How does a person, take care of themselves? their children? their home?

Well, things slack. Things get started and a quick glance at the tube... and things get forgotten!

Is it worth it? Is the future of myself and my children and our home comfort worth it?

I used to think so. Now, no. not a chance and I don't even miss it.

That one step of turning off the television has prompted me to actually create a list of all the things that should and are being done in the home to make it a comfortable stress free home. I have also started exercising and lost a pound this week. Not much but it is a start. My 3 yo helps me around the house, putting the laundry in the dryer with me, unloading the dishwasher and making the beds. He loves it! And so do I. I feel so much stress relieved in the evening, when I head up to bed and there are no dishes out in the kitchen at all. All the laundry is put AWAY and I know when I get up in the morning I'll be able to start my day without the stress and confusion of the I should have's from the previous night.

This week was a small step with BIG rewards.

I am Thankful!

No comments: